Who We Are
Rescue Bank® is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the animal rescue and rehabilitation community with much-needed supplies and services.
Operating on the “food bank” model, Rescue Bank® is a collection and redistribution point for surplus pet supplies and donations. We are working to relieve area rescue groups and fosters of one of their most difficult tasks- identifying and soliciting donors for the everyday supplies needed to keep their animals healthy.
We are also providing a much-needed service to potential donors- verification. Most small groups have a difficult time presenting up-to-date credentials, seriously diminishing their chances of corporate or foundation donations. Rescue Bank® will maintain current information on rescue groups to assure donors that their contributions are actually supporting legitimate, successful animal welfare activities.
Please take a few minutes to review our mission statement, policies and procedures. Maintaining a vital, effective animal rescue and rehabilitation community is difficult, important work. We hope you’ll support- and use- the services we offer.
Rescue Bank® , a non-profit organization, supports animal rescue and rehabilitation groups by providing services and supplies that
- Make them more self-reliant, and
- Improve their standards of care.
Rescue Bank® services include
- Improving our member groups’ abilities to deliver services and secure needed resources.
- Assistance with administrative issues such as establishing and maintaining tax-exempt status.
- Donation collection, warehousing and distribution services.
- Grants for spay/neuter, emergency veterinary care and prosthetic devices.
Rescue Bank® recognizes that the smaller, less-visible groups represent a substantial portion of a community’s animal rescue resources. Our goals are to increase their visibility, provide greater access to supplies and raise their standards of care.
Every American city has a hard-working community of rescue groups and foster families dedicated to caring for abused or abandoned animals. Rescue Bank® policies are designed to
- Increase awareness of and trust in each group’s activities, particularly among potential donors
- Help groups and fosters raise their standard of care
- Create a safe, healthy city for animals.
Specifically, it is the policy of Rescue Bank® to
- Maintain current information on all rescue groups and fosters.
- Promptly provide rescue group contact information to qualified donors.
- Qualify rescue groups and fosters for distributions from inventory, based on their meeting reasonable- and increasing- standards of care.
- Distribute donated inventory as rapidly as possible.
- Maintain a transparent organization with respect to its finances and management actions.
Throughout this web site, Rescue Bank® describes the procedures to be used by donors, rescue groups and fosters. We strive to balance three important considerations- making the process simple, assuring that there is enough control to meet our fiduciary duties, and improving the lives of the animals needing your care.
Please navigate our site using the menu at left. We look forward to working with you.